Lo and behold! It’s this time of the year again! Student Committee for the Arts is looking for even more fantastic humans to join our team for the 2015-2016 school year. Our website lists a few of the events we have programmed throughout the years, but some of our favorites include~
– Annual Royce Hall concert with artists such as Thundercat, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Dirty Projectors, Portugal. the Man, Haim, Janelle Monae and many more.
– Movie screenings such as Beasts of the Southern Wild and The Nightmare Before Christmas
– Student curated shows on the Royce Terrace such as Ghost Writer Confessions (yeah you remember that)
– Silent Discos in our very own Powell library
And much more!
Join our team! Apply to be a part of the Student Committee for the Arts in 2015-2016 by filling out the application below. Be sure to answer ALL questions. Application due May 15th.
Individual interviews will occur May 18-22. We will contact you to set a date that works for you. There will also be a mandatory group interview TBA.
SCA is proud to produce its own series of shows that bring great artists and events to students, in addition to showcasing the talents of UCLA Student Artists. With the help of fellow committee members, each member is encouraged to produce, promote and market at least one show during the course of the year. This will undoubtedly be one of your most rewarding experiences on the committee and at UCLA. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Those selected as members are expected to:
• Attend weekly Tuesday meetings from 6:00-8:00pm, effective May 19, 2015 (Dinner is provided for all meetings at 5:30pm). These meetings are mandatory. At this time, we discuss, review, and vote on all Committee actions and activities. Since we take our responsibilities very seriously, any member with an excess of two (2) absences per quarter is subject to dismissal from the Committee.
• Commit to supporting fellow Committee members and all SCA events.
• Promote student tickets to CAP UCLA events by distributing brochures, fliers, postcards, and signboards throughout the UCLA campus.
Please consider the list of positions available on the Committee by clicking here: http://www.sca.ucla.edu/about-2/what-we-do/
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION HERE!
DEADLINE: May 15th, 2015